We packed all the kids in my Tahoe and the boys took Eric's truck with most of the luggage and we were off! The kids were actually very well behaved on the way down as they watched DVD's, colored, and played the Leapster. Our only small problem was them constantly asking us if we were there yet. Leigh-Ann and I took a tally and had a competition to see who's kids asked the most. It was a close score, but my kids asked the least (by 2 I think). However, there was a time when Wryeton asked about 6 times within 30 minutes when I thought I was surely going to lose.
Our days consisted of the beach and pool in the morning, a relaxing nap in the middle of the day and good food at night. Michael made his low country boil on our last night there, but this time he added crab legs along with the shrimp. It was yummy!
Some memorable moments from the trip include:
-Standing in the Wal-Mart line for 45 minutes waiting to check out with the rest of Panama City. It looked like an Atlanta Wal-Mart when the threat of snow is looming. The poor lady next to us had melted popsicles in her cart.
-Using a prehistoric ice-cream maker that took 4 hours to freeze and churn the ice cream (I'm not kidding on the time)
- Having to wade through the seaweed to get to a clear spot in the ocean. When you got out of the ocean, you were covered in green slime. Thankfully, the seaweed moved out near the end of the week and the ocean water was clear and beautiful.
-Being asked to move our tent so a wedding could take place on the beach. Are you kidding me?
- Wryeton learning how to do handstands in the pool.
- Leigh-Ann's yummy sangrias.
- Michael's awesome low country boil.
-Teaching the Danleys how to play Killer Bunnies and then vowing never to play it again because the fun arguments it caused :)
- Seeing Wryeton and Kyler's sweet faces as they rode the go-carts for the first time.
-Getting my first tattoo... yeah, I'm so kidding on that one! Just checking to see if you were actually paying attention :)